Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Music

I love listening to music, and I really love music with good lyrics. I think growing up a lyrical dancer has given me a love for music different than many other people and I know any dancer would agree that you appreciate music in a different way than non-dancers. While driving home to my parents house today, I put my new cd into my cd player. Some of the songs lyrics really touch me, and then some other songs that every time I listen to them, they take me to a different place.

1. 'Dear Mr. President' by Pink
"What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away. And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay."

2. 'Not Ready to Make Nice' by The Dixie Chicks
"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby with no regrets and I don't mind saying its a sad sad story when a mother will teach daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger and how in the world can the words that I said send somebody so over the edge that they me a letter saying that I'd better shut up and sing or my life with be over."

3. 'Hear You Me' by Jimmy Eat World
"What would you think of me now? So lucky, so strong, so proud. I never said thank you for that. Now I'll never have a chance."
When I hear this song, so much comes to mind. People I've lost along the way, either from death or just friendships that have drifted away, and how they don't get to see the person I've become.

I'm also a One Tree Hill junky and they play this song in the background while one of the characters says this following quote..
"Tragedies happen. What are you going to do, give up, quit. No. When your heart breaks you have to fight like hell to make sure you're still alive because you are and that pain you feel, that's life. The confusion and fear, that's there to remind you that somewhere out there, something is better. And that something is worth fighting for."

And I'll end on the words of Jason Mraz... "Live high, live mighty, live righteously.."

No comments: